June 4, 2010

Trip's day 1 - 22/5/10

Early in the morning, I departed from my house, went to a nearby coffee shop for breakfast. Then, I reached Kuching International Airport, met my friends and checked-in together. Our first destination was to Singapore, the country of Merlion.

Before we went to Singapore, we have been to my friend's sister house located in Skudai, Johor Bahru. Then, my friend fetch us to a nearby place for lunch first. We didn't stay long in Johor Bahru because it actually was stop point in our planning.

In the evening, we passed the emigration and officially reached our destination, Singapore. It was a horrible experience for me because it took a very long time and troublesome procedures. We have taken rides on buses, MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) and also taxi just to reach my uncle's house in Singapore.

Haha, the first thing I passed to my uncle is Kuching famous dishes called "Kolo Mee". It is a kind of noodles cooked and serve with "Char Siew" sauce as it main spices. "Char Siew" is a kind of BBQ pork in red colour and the BBQ sauce is collected from the drops of the pork oil during BBQ. Honestly, Kolo mee is a very delicious local dishes of Kuching. Even there are people who try to make such noodles when they back to their home town, they can't really make it tastes as delicious as it is in Kuching.

That night, my uncle brought us to Jurong Point and Marina Bay for dinner and a walk. Juring Point and Marina Bay are extremely large shopping mall in Singapore. Some more, Jurong Point is a interchange station for MRT and buses. Marina Bay on the other hand is a place in Singapore where beautiful night scenes are to be found.

And in this night as well, I started to like the environment and the life in Singapore already. The standard of life in Singapore is very high, very modern, very convenient and most importantly, they are efficient in almost everything.

Below is the photo of my friends, my uncle and me taken at Marina Bay.


Then this is the photo of the Sky Garden building we saw at Marina Bay as well.


Very nice right, next time when got chance, I'm going to bring my loved one and my family go there together. But we will just go there for vacation and shopping, not staying there permanently..^^

No comments:

Post a Comment